Thursday, December 4, 2008

Excuses, excuses or CSM Collins' response

Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Brie'Anne, September will be processed/reviewed by the INCAP Board tomorrow. Hopefully I can give you a pay date (when you will get paid) by close of business tomorrow if not then the next day. Brie'Anne, I do not have any excuses for why this was not processed. It is totally our fault according to the explanation I have received. This does not help you, and you and SSG Griffin have every right to be really upset. I will tell you we are working so very hard to try to get this process streamlined and we have also provided several more full time personnel authorizations to work these issues, but unfortunately we have to go through the hiring process which is not fast. I do know that this is an issue that The Adjutant General, the Chief of Staff, myself and several others have been pushing to try to get it fixed.

I do not know when the pay date will be as it depends on cut off dates for input, etc. etc. Based on the projected pay day, we may need to do another ERF application like you'll did the last time. Now there is another issue in that National Guard Bureau must approve an extension packet (only 6 months at a time) - they must approve starting for Oct. There is a problem with the computer program that this is suppose to be done through. However, several key personnel are involved and making contact with NGB to try to get the paperwork to them (it is all suppose to be done through this computer system) More to follow on this issue. I don't have an answer for it yet. I will let you know more as I get the info.


Deborah J. Collins
Deborah J. Collins
State Command Sergeant Major
Arkansas National Guard

No comments: